How to Go Through the Facebook Review Process
Before Going Further:
There is no longer a need to create a Facebook application to connect your pages to Revive Old Posts. We have made the process much simpler! All you need to do is click the Sign in to Facebook button as shown below:
A popup window will appear to take you through the process of connecting your pages.
NOTE: The final step of this process requires you upload supporting business Documents to Facebook for approval.
Facebook has been making a lot of breaking changes to their platform which is affecting many users across many plugins which do automatic posting to Facebook.
The steps below are an outline of how to go through the review process, these steps simply aid in the process, the Facebook review team might leave comments as what additional information you must show them:
In Step 7 of this guide, we show what to make your screencast show. Be sure to create your own and not use the one we uploaded to Youtube. The main point here is to show Facebook a new post being created on your website is shared to Facebook. That's All! There's no need to show any automation features in the screencast as that might get your app declined.
1. Go to the app in https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ and switch it to live mode
2. Before submitting the app go to Settings->Basic and check the Support my own business option and save your changes:
3. Click App Revie and then My Permissions and Features, check the approved Items available. In most cases it will look like below.
Click Add additional permissions and features to add the needed permissions for ROP to be able to post.
Use the search box available to search for the publish_pages and manage_pages permissions and click Request:
Once you've selected the permissions click Continue the Request at the top of the page:
4. Click on the chosen permission:
Set the reason as Publishes articles and content from my website to my business page
5. Select Web as your platform:
6. The review process requires that you explain how the app is used, provide the text below:
- Go to https://example.com/wp-admin/ - Log in using the following credentials: Username: admin Password: welcome THIS APP IS FOR INTERNAL USE, NOT PUBLIC USE - When logged in click the "Revive Old Posts" option, see here: https://prnt.sc/k9ahap - Click the "+" icon next to Add Account, see here: https://prnt.sc/k9akmt - Click the Facebook button, see here: https://prnt.sc/k9almr - Create a Facebook APP using the following: https://docs.revive.social/article/349-how-to-create-a-facebook-application-for-revive-old-post - From the modal window enter the APP ID and APP Secret for your Facebook app. - Click Sign In after entering your APP details, see here: https://prnt.sc/k9am4p - This will bring you to the Facebook app permissions screen, where you give the app permissions to your facebook pages - After clicking continue, you will get the prompt for manage and publish as pages permission, see here: https://prnt.sc/k9att5 - After clicking "OK" you will be redirected to the website dashboard with your profile and a list of your pages which you can choose to share posts to - Clicking "Start Sharing" would start the sharing process with an approved app - Going to create a new post on the website will allow that post to be shared on Facebook. - Without the manage_pages and publish_pages permissions, the posts from MY website would not share to MY pages.
7. In the area provided for the screencast, upload a screencast of the Publish Immediately feature in action. You can find the documentation for this feature here: See article.
Turn your app to Development Mode before creating the screencast, this will allow the posts to share on Facebook to help the reviewer understand your use case.
Here is an example of the screencast to provide. Please create your own to show your own Facebook page and website! If You're using Gutenberg then the option would not show up, to show the option you can use the classic editor plugin just for the screencast: https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/
You can use this piece of software for creating the video: https://screencast-o-matic.com/
Do the same thing and enter the same information in the details area for the other permission and start the review process.
The review process will take a few days-weeks, once your app has been reviewed you'll get an email letting you know. If the app is denied check the reviewer's notes and attempt to provide the information asked.
There is a high chance that you will get denied on first attempt for any permission, when/if this happens open a 1 on 1 ticket with the Facebook staff to help them better understand your use case. Head over to https://business.facebook.com/direct-support/ and click Ask a Question.
Most times the reviewer will not know much about what's going on and it will be your duty to make them understand and get the idea across.
Do note that you will need to verify a business with Facebook in order to be able to use these permissions, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this as it's Facebook's terms.